GOLDEN GIRLS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
The Golden Girls lifestyle is sweeping the nation! Want to learn more about shared housing in your community? Contact one of our affiliates or join them at an upcoming event in your area.
Do you share our passion for the Golden Girls lifestyle? Want to make money promoting what you love? Love meeting new people? Help spread the word about shared senior housing! We’re actively recruiting for new affiliates in the following regions:
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beach, FL
- Tampa/Sarasota, FL
- Charleston, SC
- Phoenix/Tucson, AZ
- Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD
The affiliate position is a part-time independent contractor role.
Golden Girls Regional Affiliates are responsible for being the local face of our network. Affiliates are responsible for:
- Event Planning: Host events and meet-up groups that educate about the shared housing movement and Golden Girls Network. Plan, execute and follow up from the events.
- Networking: Attend local networking events and collaborate with complementary service providers, including social service agencies, aging-in-place organizations, women’s groups, professional organizations, and senior centers, as well as government and quasi-government agencies to reach new prospective members.
- Social Media: Establish and maintain a local Facebook page.
- Public Relations: Serve as a spokesperson with local media.
- Project Management: Complete monthly reporting on activities. Coordinate with national marketing resources to ensure consistency in message.
The primary outcome of all affiliate activities is increased membership in our online registry.
- Familiarity with shared living either through participation in a shared living community, or already active in promoting shared living as an alternative for active mature adults;
- Availability for weekly regional presentations and networking;
- Demonstrated communications, marketing, or sales experience;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including public speaking experience;
- Basic understanding of social media (for business), business start-up, or direct entrepreneurial experience preferred.
To apply, please contact us and include your name, email address, phone number, current/desired living situation, and why you think you’d make a great Golden Girls Network representative!
Don’t see your region listed? Contact us and let us know where you’re interested in helping to grow a new Golden Girls Network community!